Friday, July 9, 2010

The only way is up


Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself."
Olga Korbut, Gymnast - Four Time Olympic Gold Medallist

This post is more of a personal record for me, to mark this point in time so I can look back in months to come and reflect back on it and see how far I've progressed. Things are already looking up since after 5 days with a bad head cold - 2 days where I literally lost my voice - I can almost talk today. That coincides with managing to go swimming today and do some exercise which has been sorely absent for weeks and weeks.

So from feeling about the weakest, un-fittest and un-healthiest that I can ever remember, the only way is up...and I can't wait.

I feel a little ungracious writing all that...and I'm certainly not whinging or complaining...since I'm actually in a really great position and what's happened over the last month or so is setting me up for many more years of exciting living, sports, events, good times and more. This is just a little bumpy section and serves to remind me just how fortunate I am in many ways, not least of which is that it's only temporary.

So here goes. From this point onwards the only way is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment