Saturday, July 31, 2010

Achilles Update - tying shoelaces

It’s the simple things in life that are often so good. Tying shoe laces is one of those, especially when it marks a milestone…in my case, getting out of the CAM boot and being able to put a shoe on my left foot and tie the laces up…for the first time in 6 weeks!!! Hooray!!!

The first few steps were a little tentative, and my whole leg and calf, in particular, are really weak. But nonetheless, they were steps in the right direction and as long as I don’t walk too fast (or too far, for a little while), I can walk OK. The Achilles feels good albeit still a little stiff.

This morning I went to the gym and looked like a normal gym person without the freaky boot on. Funnily enough, apart from two friends I’ve bumped into there, no one has actually asked about the boot and why it was on.

So from here on it’s all forward progress. Just try and stop me now!!
The scar is looking really good without too much scar tissue build-up.

Simple things like wearing a shoe for the first time in 6 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment