Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Achilles update - feels like Christmas week!!!


Do you remember when you were a kid in the lead-up to Christmas, and the excitement you felt for what was coming up. Do you remember the anticipation for the surprises were in store, almost as if it was like a new life was waiting for you. Do you remember how much you just couldn't wait, and counted the days...and how many sleeps??

I feel just like an excited kid at the moment, except it's not Christmas I'm looking forward to (although it could be Christmas in July!!). You see, Friday is my last day in the CAM walker, moon boot, which will have lived on my left foot for 4.5 weeks. Saturday will be my first time on my own two feet in 6 weeks, since before the operation. I'm soooo looking forward to it.

There's not much else to update on. The heel feels fine...probably because the boot stops me from using it. The scar looks OK. The range of movement is improving slowly. And each week I see Rosie the physio who gives the heel and ankle a good working over.

4 sleeps to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment