Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New York marathon


Start spreading the news, I’m leaving in November
I’m gunna be a part of it - New York marathon
These running shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - new york, new york

I want to wake up in a city, with fast running streets
And prove I’m not over the hill – still at my peak

These Melbourne town blues, are melting away
I’ll be on the starting line - in old new york
If I can run fast there, I’ll run fast anywhere
It’s up to you – my nike shoes nike shoes

New york, new york
I want to race through five boroughs, on city streets
And know I’m a runner too, on my own two legs, to Central Park
A runner too

These Melbourne town blues, are history today
I’m gonna be best I can be - in old new york
And if I can prove it there, I can boast about it everywhere

It up to you - my nike shoes nike shoes

New york

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Cam! Thank goodness your running is better than your song writing! Sounds great (the Marathon that is).

    ReplyDelete