Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!! So, what's next...

Welcome to 2010, which I'm told is pronounced "twenty-ten", and welcome to my first ever blog post!! Sure, I've written stuff before which is/has been published in various places on the web, but never before in my own blog. And considering there's about ten-gazillion other blogs out there...mine is barely a squeak in the corner.

But nonetheless, here it is, and I'm keen to see what this might become...starting with a post on the first day of the new year!!

Firstly, have a look at this video from last night's NYE fireworks, complete with a fantastic lightning bolt in the background.



After a hot and windy day, a huge line of thunderstorms rolled across the city complete with both “sheet” and “rod” lightning strikes across the skyline. The air had an amazing feel and smell to it – a cool change with a light and sound show was closing on us.


 

Then the heavens opened and the rain came, which continued to after midnight and provided a great backdrop to the annual fireworks display. We had a great view from my roof.




Anyway, that was last night and now 2010 (twenty-ten) is nearly one day old…which brings me to the intent of this post. As is customary at the start of a new year, I’ve spent some time naval gazing about 2009…and some dreaming about 2010.

2009 was highlighted for me personally by the sale of an old house, purchase of a new house…and my 40th birthday. Of course, other things happened, but these were the biggies.

As for 2010, well I do have a lot of hopes and dreams for the year. Some of these I have more influence (control) over than others, and suffice to say, it would be a monumental year if they all came off.

As for what my hopes and dreams are…well, you’ll have to stay tuned to learn a little more about them as they evolve. Just like this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment