Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 review


2011 is nearly a week old and yet I still haven't done any naval gazing back over 2010, in particular the evolution of this blog in which I made my first post back on 1st January 2010...meaning it is now 1 year old!! Hooray!!

Back in that first post my final paragraph read "As for what my hopes and dreams are…well, you’ll have to stay tuned to learn a little more about them as they evolve. Just like this blog!!". Now I can't recall exactly what my hopes and dreams were on that day, but suffice to not everything went to plan and yet some things have turned my life around during the last 12 months, for the better.

This blog has been a part of my life during that time, giving me a platform to broadcast a range of thoughts from trips and travels, to announcements to injury woes and various articles on sports and training topics. The blog and the topics I've covered have evolved, and will continue to do so - the great thing about blogs is that they follow the thoughts and inclinations of the author...me!!!

Since the stats counter was turned on in May, here are the numbers:
Total pageviews - 4,072
Busiest month - Oct, 785 pageviews
Top-5 most popular posts:
How to run (Feb 5, 2010) - 354 Pageviews
Training Like a Triathlete (Sep 20, 2010) - 110 Pageviews
Why HR-based training is out-of-date (Sep 9, 2010) - 99 Pageviews
Six Foot Track Marathon (Mar 15, 2010) - 89 Pageviews
My Achilles Operation (Jun 20, 2010) - 71 Pageviews

15 comments (3 of which were my replies!!)

So to all the people who've visited this blog, thank-you. It's not setting any records for readership, but that wasn't my aim. However, it would be great to get some more comments!!!

Stay tuned for what's ahead. I've got more hopes and dreams for 2011, sporting and otherwise, so it will be a fun year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment