Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hawaii Ironman 2005

In 2005 I began my foray into Ironman triathlons and was lucky enough to qualify for the Hawaii Ironman at my first attempy, at the New Zealand IM in 2005.

So off I went in October 2005 to Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii for 2 weeks of acclimatisation - and sightseeing - before race weekend when my mum, dad and sister came over to watch. The day was amazing, to be racing over the famous roads where Ironman legends have been made. As with all IM races, my day had ups and downs, finishing on a high with family along the finish chute to see me finish and share in it all afterwards. It was an absolute highlight.

We then went to Oahu and spent a day travelling around the island, getting a taste for Hawaiian life and seeing the famous big-wave beaches on the North Shore.

This is a video compilation of photos from the trip, plus some video my sister took. I hope you enjoy it!! (BTW - the original soundtrack I used is copyright'ed, so what you hear is a substitute track.)

No comments:

Post a Comment